George Jackson Academy supports young men with research-driven programs specifically tailored to boys’ learning interests and needs. Key interventions include a challenging academic curriculum and engaging learning; social-emotional and behavioral supports; and adults who champion student success through full-day and full-year programs to help our graduates succeed in rigorous high school and college programs.
- Founded in 2003
- Serves bright students from all 5 boroughs
- Stimulating curriculum and a supportive environment
- A private school experience at a cost that works for each family
- 12:1 student to teacher ratio
- Supportive environment to ensure success
No, GJA is an independent, nonsectarian school. It is funded by generous supporters.
GJA currently serves boys in grades in 5-8
No, GJA students do not take city and state tests. They do take grade level ERB tests annually.